Public Mix Contest #5

giles117

Rules. Sames as the previous contests

No additions to the material (be as creative as you can with what you have to work with)

Official Start Date of the Contest will be 11/8/2004
Data Download Cut off Date will be 11/20/2004
Mix Submissions will be accepted no later than 11/25/2004
Juding will be completed 11/30/2004

Overall Best interpretation of Artists/Producers Vision will be judged by myself.

So there are 2 main criteria. Did you capture the vision (in other words did you hear what the tracks were saying) and 2, overall general mix quality (in spite of the artists vision)

Song Specs:
48k/16bit
69bpm, Ab Major

Here is the Hosting directory:
www.patden.com/Contest5AudioFiles

NL if you can please co host these as I am limited in my upload speed to a max of 75kBps

FINALLY.. I'd like to say BIG THANKS to Finster for providing us this grand opportunity and great community networking Idea.

Last edited:
Giles,

I also dl'ed a track but the format of mg2, I havent seen. I was looking for aiff but nothing with that file extension. I tried converting it but pro tools doesnt even recognize this file ext.

Hopefully NL5 can get these files on his server, dl'ing one file took awhile, at that rate I dont think i could have the all the files by the deadline. lol

Eddie D

Hey.. if you need help hosting. I've got a faster server than you do.. I could put up a zip file of wavs. You'll just have to send it to me. Heh.

My server should be able to do 300kbps. Yours is only like 60.

Hey guys, seems like I will be joining you on this one. Missed the last four contests - duh. I'm really looking forward to it.

David

lol...my browser is estimating seven and a half hours for d/l time. QUIT DOWNLOADING THE FILES YOU JACKASSES.

LOL, that is why I broke it into pieces. smaller pieces mean you have to monitor the d/l (drawback0 but it will allow others to get their bids in. cuz of my slow upload speed. (man I wish my up was my down. My down is 750kBps ( 3/4 meg/second.)

That would make life nice.

hehehe...it's all good. Now it's telling me 9 hours. I think I'll disconnect and let some others get the file. There's plenty of time.

Thanks for hosting, Giles.

hey, just a quick suggestion - why don't everybody dissconnect except me and geet, and we can mirror the files on our much faster servers, that way everybody can getthe files MUCH easier and you'll actually have it sooner.

Just a suggestion.

20 hours, 40 minutes mine says, cause it's coming in at 5.3k! :eek:

I think that's the speed I got with my old phone coupler modem...

Back