Pt9

David Artis

A quick question. I thought PT9 would work without any hardware being attached. I need to run it on my laptop when I travel for editing purposes.

Am I incorrect in thinking this?

I bought PT9 and have it on my laptop (PC) and the ILok2 attached but it is still looking for a hardware attachment.

Thanks in advance.

David

No you are correct. You don't need digi hardware, and the laptop's built in audio should work fine.

What is the exact error message?
Does Pro Tools open to let you access Setup > Playback Engine, or does the error force it to quit?

It should work with the little dongle key you get when you buy pro-tools...As long as you have that in your usb port and the computer sees it, it shouldn't be a problem.

yes I have the dongle in and t is recognized. It starts up then gets an error message saying

"Unable to locate hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned om. Click "OK" when hardware is ready"

Bums me out since as you stated it should not be doing this.

I can't remember fully, but I believe you need some sort of Asio driver installed. Just download asio4all and that may get you up and running. If I am way off I apologize.

Back