Psychology study

beatlebum

Hello there, it's been a while since I tread these boards but, I am hoping that my past contributions will excuse this off topic request!

Psychology has invaded the musical parts of my brain (temporarily i hope) and for my final year project I'm looking at the link between involuntary facial/bodily reaction and perceived social status. The survey takes 12 minutes to do and it involves watching a short video, looking at still shots of faces and rating people on a perceived social status scale. I would be very grateful for your participation and I have pledged 50c to Crumlin Children's Hospital, in Dublin for every valid submission.

The survey is here: Home

Thanks,

Dave

I get that there's stuff I don't see in lots of situations. But in this situation, my perception of their social or community status was so grounded in my mistrust of appearances (with all of those guys, I was asking myself if a man with that expression loved his kids, and in all cases the answer was yes, both before and after the silly shocking game), that the silly shock game had no effect on my perception of the guys in the photos. The main effect it had on me was the question I asked earlier.

In spite of your reservations Dobro you did the survey and I'm grateful for that. I won't go into the rational behind the methodology here but trust me, I wouldn't have gone to all this effort, with the support of my supervisor and others who are far more qualified than me, unless there was a serious point to it. I believe that, if I get enough respondents, this study will tell us something important about human nature. Thanks again, Dave

Back