PSA - Free Web Hosting!

gordone

Check out http://www.1and1.com and you can get 3 years of web hosting for FREE! Domain registrations are $5.99 a year. You get 500MB of web space, and 5GB of data transfers a month. I saw their ad in PC World and I figured what the heck. I have no affiliation with them BTW. I just registered my domain yesterday and I'm working on my site to market my singer/songwriter stuff and my home studio. Once my site is up, I'll post it here for comments.
Now back to your regularly scheduled flame fest...

thanks for the post.

time to get rid of geocities and get something real.
registering now.

I saw the advertisment in one of the computer magazines as well, but decided not to try it until someone else did and told me about it.

So let me know...

I guess since its free you can't complain, but you have to have advertisements from them, and any third party they choose, on your site. So ow there are going to be banners, and how much do you wanna bet there are going to be pop-ups?

I like www.powweb.com $7.77 a month with 1000 megs of storage and 65 gigs of transfer. This 1and1 is going to charge $30.00 for 500 megs and 5000 transfer. I guess it all depends how much advertisements are worth to you.

I looked over the site pretty good and couldn't find anything too bad.......nothing like they own your domain name, or you have to be there for a year or two after the promotion. I'd be interested to see how they turn out.

No banners or advertising or popups. I have full control of the site/domain/email addresses/etc. My domain went live today, but I don't have anything up there yet, just a place holder that 1and1.com puts up. I hope to have something up by mid-January (depending on how bad my New Years hangover is :) )

I'll keep you guys informed!

Outlaws said:
I guess since its free you can't complain, but you have to have advertisements from them, and any third party they choose, on your site. So ow there are going to be banners, and how much do you wanna bet there are going to be pop-ups?

I like www.powweb.com $7.77 a month with 1000 megs of storage and 65 gigs of transfer. This 1and1 is going to charge $30.00 for 500 megs and 5000 transfer. I guess it all depends how much advertisements are worth to you.

I looked over the site pretty good and couldn't find anything too bad.......nothing like they own your domain name, or you have to be there for a year or two after the promotion. I'd be interested to see how they turn out.

gordone said:
No banners or advertising or popups

Good luck. I went through the T&C agreement line by line earlier to day and could have sworn I saw some small print about that, but I can't find it anymore. Did you have to give a credit card number before you registered? Did you have the option to register a domain name somewhere else and have it used on the 1&1 hosting service with no charge? I want to try this for another website, but I am a firm believer that if it sounds to good to be true then it probably is.

Let me know.

http://www.herculeshoster.com

my (my grandparents' that i use actually) webspace is hosted here. if you get the biggest plan, it's less than $8 per month with unlimited space and bandwitdh as long as you dont slow their servers. you also must have the rights to or permission to host any mp3's/mpegs

Re: ...

greenbaysucks said:
unlimited space and bandwitdh as long as you dont slow their servers

Bullshit. Its not "unlimited" then is it? Oldest trick in the book for webhosting.

it's a good enough host where you can put as much stuff as you want up, as long as 30 people arent trying to download at the same time

Back