Prsonus Firestudio Project

MikeA

I searched through the past posts here and found that as late as 2008 people were reporting that they were having problems with getting the FSP to work on various systems.

Unfortunately, I remembered this forum too late - I got mine delivered yesterday. I'm wondering if anything has changed with the FSP. It doesn't look like it from my observations.

My PC is a Dell 8400 Intel P4 3.4GHz, 3GB of RAM, 80 GB HD with an external LaCie Firewire 800 drive. The OS is Windows XP SP2. I also have a M Audio Audiophile USB connected to this PC and I haven't had any trouble out of it for as long as I've owned it. After loading all the software and drivers (Presonus and Cubase), the FSP power light blinks red and blue instead of glowing blue constantly. The PC detected the Presonus and asked to load the drivers and it seemed to that fine but now I can't get into the Control Panel for the FSP and when I try to set the FSP as the device to use in Cubase (it sees it fine) I at first I got an error 5 but then after reloading the Presonus software and drivers I got an error 2.

Anybody out there have any symptoms like this and get theirs to work?

I searched through the past posts here and found that as late as 2008 people were reporting that they were having problems with getting the FSP to work on various systems.

Unfortunately, I remembered this forum too late - I got mine delivered yesterday. I'm wondering if anything has changed with the FSP. It doesn't look like it from my observations.

My PC is a Dell 8400 Intel P4 3.4GHz, 3GB of RAM, 80 GB HD with an external LaCie Firewire 800 drive. The OS is Windows XP SP2. I also have a M Audio Audiophile USB connected to this PC and I haven't had any trouble out of it for as long as I've owned it. After loading all the software and drivers (Presonus and Cubase), the FSP power light blinks red and blue instead of glowing blue constantly. The PC detected the Presonus and asked to load the drivers and it seemed to that fine but now I can't get into the Control Panel for the FSP and when I try to set the FSP as the device to use in Cubase (it sees it fine) I at first I got an error 5 but then after reloading the Presonus software and drivers I got an error 2.

Anybody out there have any symptoms like this and get theirs to work?

oh boy. I have this exact unit. It took me 3 months to get it running properly. I bought a computer just for recording and it still gave me shit....and I still haven't got my fader port to work. Try the Presonus FSP orums.

http://forums.presonus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

There is a SP3 out. It's been over a year since I got mine to work after screwing around with it for hours so I don't remember what I did to get it to work. Check out that forum.

Thanks APush

Presonus support called me this afternoon!! My sales guy had given them a heads up and asked them to call me. It was out of the blue so I was really impressed. He asked me for my sysinfo and he also emailed me a list of suggested firewire cards. I sent the system info to him and he responded a little while later that my firewire card in my PC is not working. I'm looking for another FW card now that matches the criteria he suggested. We'll see...

Mike

Back