proud owner of a mackie 1620i..however!!

zazz

hmmmm
had a mad gas moment and decided to punt for one of these beauties...

first impressions are very positive and im very sure its going to serve me well for quite a while to come.

i have witnessed the previously discussed overall tendancy of this desk to be very hard to overdrive...ie the gains on the inputs are at 3oclock at least if not more.. which for me isnt a deal breaker so far as i have laid down some high quality sounds... far beyond my previous setup and very easy to use.

using it with tracktion3 and active mackie hr824 monitors so its a 100 percent mackie setup!

i have to admit that i assumed it had midi but it doesnt.. and now i find myself not being able to use my usb midi interfaces with firewire audio because my system as previously stated wont entertain both at the same time.

so i suppose i am now looking at buying a firewire midi hub ... maybe maudio??

suggestions please:)

You should be able to use a MIDI USB device and a firewire interface at the same time. Or I should be asking why can't you?

Ahh, I see your previous post. I think people assumed you meant a USB audio interface which runs through the ASIO driver. So no you cant get audio input from two different ASIO drivers but you can run a USB MIDI unit and a firewire audio interface.

What type of device do you want to use for MIDI?

im just trying to get to the bottom of this... im trying to use an maudio fastrack ultra usb just for the midi but it seems to be negating the mackie firewire audio??

just looked this thing up, i think it's cool that you can route through firewire aux sends through your computer...badass. i have an onyx 400F, and have had it for like 4 years now...still chuggin along and i'm still impressed.

and yeah a m-audio midisport uno would work fine, its like 39 bucks at your local music store.

god knoiws whats really happening ..but somehow switching off the onyx desk seems to have freed up the maudio.. and now i have both... so ok ..hopefully i can use these two together.

but thanks for your input...

and yeah.. this desk is really something .. great for music composition.. very hands on.

if this usb device proves to be an issue that midi sport is on my shopping list!

god knoiws whats really happening ..but somehow switching off the onyx desk seems to have freed up the maudio.. and now i have both... so ok ..hopefully i can use these two together.

but thanks for your input...

and yeah.. this desk is really something .. great for music composition.. very hands on.

If not go with the Midisport like Terra said. I've got one and it works flawlessly, doesn't even need drivers and powers from the USB port, so only one cable to deal with.

ok.. the reality is i have to switch off the mackie desk on a reboot.. and switch it on after the computer is back up ..otherwise it wont work!?

its ok.. as long as i know thats the rule.:) (thats with the maudio usb ..otherwise not a problem either way!!)

wow that 4x4 midi sport aniversary is great.. just got one. It seemed a bit pricey for what it was but it feels bullet proof and made for the long haul!

nice touch.. no power required and compliant ..ie no need of drivers.. so simple.

wow that 4x4 midi sport aniversary is great.. just got one. It seemed a bit pricey for what it was but it feels bullet proof and made for the long haul!

nice touch.. no power required and compliant ..ie no need of drivers.. so simple.

Yup, most trouble free piece of gear I own (I've got the 2x2 aniversary). Makes me wish I would have tried out some more M-Audio gear.

well i have nearly filled all the slots on it.. i used to have to use pass throughs to connect up all my gear.. suddenly life has become a whole lot less complicated!

as maudio gear goes this is the best... i have some other maudio stuff which is way below par to this.

Back