Protools!!??

Xplora

Just asking what people here think about the low end home studio Protools systems... the Digi 001 for example. It seems like a pretty sweet deal (I've been having major issues getting everything to work together with cakewalk and soundblaster cards etcetc)...

Whats your opinion?

LWH

Digi-001

I love the digi-001, others don't agree, but do a search because there was a rather long thread on it last week..

mark james

After posting on and surfing various recording forums and culling opinions, I've decided that for MY home studio needs and computer neophyte tabla rasa I'm going with Digi 001 and Protools LE 5.1 on a Mac.

I'm trying to figure out a few more things and then hopefully purchase all this stuff in the beginning of March. Then I can be really confused how to work it. ;)

BTW, anybody know the best way to incorporate samples and loops into PT LE? Acid Sonic Foundry? PT Sample Cell? Outboard gear like Akai or Ensoniq?

ProTools LE user

I've been using the 001 for a year or so and its fantastic! Recordings are of the highest quality, software is easy to use, software and hardware are made by the same people so you know where to go for help and it just simply works! Tech support is easilly accessible and they actually know what they are talking about. The company regularly tours and sends you notices of the events and where they are (and they are free). Cant say enough good words about the company and their products.

Back