Protools Problem

DJTNA

HELLO ALL,

SINCE THERE IS NO PROTOOLS FORUM, AND I'M A NEW MEMBER, I'LL ASK THIS QUESTION HERE.

I JUST INSTALLED THAT FREE VERSION OF PROTOOLS THEY WERE GIVING AWAY AT WWW.PROTOOLS.COM, AND WHEN I TRY TO RUN IT, MY PC REBOOTS. IT SEEMS TO REBOOT EVERYTIME THE LOADING STATUS GETS TO THE LOADING MIDI SECTION.

-I HAVE A DELTA 66 SOUND CARD.
-I HAD A DEMO OF CUBASE, BUT I UNINSTALLED IT THINKING THERE MAY HAVE BEEN A CONFLICT.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS, I'D REALLY APPRICATE IT...
THANKS,
DJ TNA

Hi bud,
Try not to post in capitals... It's a way of expressing shouting... It doesn't bug me, but some people get bugged by it around here..

Is your computer up to the requirements posted on Digi's site..? 128 mb ram, PIII 333 or faster, Intel chipset, not VIA....??? Alot of people don't follow the requirements and have troubles.. so maybe you can post the info on your system so I can help you further...

About PT Free.. No question about it, it's full of bugs.... I have Digi 001 (PTLE) and it runs great on my PC.... and im a stickler for abiding by the requirements... I tried loading PT FREE on my other computer, and it crashed the whole thing... That computer was also up to snuff....

Seems 75% have bad luck with 'free and 25% have good luck.... Like me, your probably in the 75%....

Although not as awesome to use as PT, N-track is a nice little program, with great customer service, and I think it sells for about $35.... and you can download a demo for free...

I don't really know anything else about N-track... check out there site for more info...
http://www.fasoft.com

HEY VOX!!!

I'm gunna be a Force of Nature before you... :D

Whatever that means...

I'll keep my capital letters under control :-).

My PC does meet the ProTools requirements, so I'll just join that 75% group and not use ProTools Free.

Thanks for the advice on N-Track, I'll download it tonight and start playing with it.

Thanks again,
DJTNA

Re: HEY VOX!!!

zip said:
I'm gunna be a Force of Nature before you... :D

Whatever that means...

Force of nature? Ohhh I see, So does that mean your going to turn into an APE??? :D

Back