Protools LE problem

cobradenim

I've been having a problem with my protools LE shutting down alot lately. The message box that appears says "protools has encountered a problem and needs to close....." Now, I've uninstalled protools and the reinstalled it thinking this might solve the problem but it persists on giving me that same message. I'm using a new PC that hasn't given me any problems until about a week ago. It's not hooked up to any modem of anykind as this computer is strictly for recording.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

This is a random shot, but sometimes PT will have issues with other software. Did you by chance install anything at all around the time you started having the problem?

This problem is pretty much normal for pro tools..... Too sensitive to it's environment...
Eith run NOTHING else on your computer or buy something decent

RDMSstudio said:
This problem is pretty much normal for pro tools..... Too sensitive to it's environment...

hahahha, is that true? well, shit...then I must have a freak copy that works perfect all the time :rolleyes:

cobradenim-
Here's a couple things for you to take a look at:
http://protoolsforum.com/DigiPrefs.html
http://protoolsforum.com/MoreTrouble.html

Also, what version of Pro Tools do you have right now?
Is the error coming up when launching Pro Tools or only at specific times during your sessions?

bennychico11 said:
hahahha, is that true? well, shit...then I must have a freak copy that works perfect all the time :rolleyes:

Sorry, man. Mine works perfectly, too. On both my Powerbook and PC laptop. EVen with all the other crap I have to have on my computers for work and whatnot.

Cobra- have you intsalled anything else recently on that machine?

-Chris

RDMSstudio said:

Yeah me and the three other people I know that run it have problems all the time....oh wait no we don't. It's run damn near flawlessly for almost 2 years, 5 for one of my buddies. Stop spreading stupid shit around, you just make yourself look like a dumbass.

What version are you running? I have been running 7.1 for a while. I had a slight problem 'til I went online and did the updates. 6.9 had never been any problem at all. Things like having screensavers turned on, automatic updates, and anti virus software can cause problems with any recording software.

Protools is a great program and that is the reason it is the industry standard.

Thanks for the help. I'm using 7.0. This machine is not hooked up to the internet so I don't think automatic updates are the issue. I think it might be the Antaries Autotune. it seams that if I don't use it, then I don't have problems. Even if it's "bypassed" it seams to cause problems but not all the time. I might need more memory as I currently only have 1Gig. I will add mor memory when I can. The message only come up occasionally and i can save it before it closes but it is still a hassle.
I recorded an additional part the otherday and some of the backing vocal tracks had Autotune on them and it shut down on me twice. Both times there was alot of stuff going on.
I hope this information helps all of you and thanks again for the info.

Oooohhhh, riiiiight.

V.7 includes a redesign of the RTAS engine and some older plugs don't fare too well. I didn't run into it because I don't use that many plugs, but the VST wrapper was down for a while because of the change. Duh. I should have thought of that. :rolleyes:

Glad you figured it out. Antares may have released an update that'll get your autotune up to speed.

Take care,
Chris

cobradenim said:
I might need more memory as I currently only have 1Gig. I will add mor memory when I can.

to be honest with you i don't think you need it. Tools would give you a very specific error message if it was a RAM problem, and i doubt that it would make it crash often. i have 512mb and pro tools runs pretty well for me...

Back