Protools LE playback engine/CPU limit issues

Clyde

I have a 2.8 GHz CPU and 1.5 gigs of ram with LE 6.1, which seems like it should be plenty. However, I'm putting together a song and I only have 9 tracks thus far, and I'm only able to play back the song once before a window pops up telling me that audio processing is conflicting with other CPU tasks, although I have nothing else running aside from very minor stuff. In my "show system usage" window, the CPU usage will only be around 10-20% as the song is playing, but right when it ends the CPU fills up the whole way and stays there, not letting me playback the song again or make anymore edits. I've played around with the playback engine buffer size to no avail. Do I just need a better processor, or is there some sort of error?

Last edited:
Wow, afer almost yanking my hair out I came across this on the digidesign site:

"There is currently a problem affecting D-Verb especially when using certain Algorithm settings Room 2 but could be affected by others also.

Workaround is to use a different Algorithm such as Hall. One user reports that if they insert a POWr Dither plugin before the D-Verb that it eliminated the error.

We are working on an update to resolve this issue."

I was using room 2. Got rid of it, now I'm all set. Crazy. Hope this can help someone else...DON'T USE ROOM 2.

What kind of computer do you have..? Also depends on the type of RAM you have....

alot of computer company's IE dell, gateway, sony are using cheaper processors thus I chose to take the route of putting my computer together myself.. My last computer was a 1.6Ghz that could outperform my sisters 2.6Ghz dell any time.. Also depends on your motherboard too..

but a problem from digidesign would suck too lol..

What kind of computer do you have..? Also depends on the type of RAM you have....

alot of computer company's IE dell, gateway, sony are using cheaper processors thus I chose to take the route of putting my computer together myself.. My last computer was a 1.6Ghz that could outperform my sisters 2.6Ghz dell any time.. Also depends on your motherboard too..

but a problem from digidesign would suck too lol..

Back