Protools Freeze

RD423

I was mixing a session last night and then all of a sudden my session was nothing but static, so I closed the session restarted the pc and went to open the session up and got an error message saying protools can't open the session because it was created with an earlier version. I am using 7.4 i think not at the studio so can't verify but it's either 7.3 or 7.4. From my experience you can open earlier versions of protools sessions with the current protools. Mind you like I said I was in the middle of mixing the session already and it was recorded with the same version of protools. This is why I'm stumped.

Damn, didn't try that, and that is common sense. Will do that as soon as i get to the studio thx.

Yeah, I've had a couple of issues in LE. Importing the session data to a new project can work too, but it's best if you do that a couple of tracks at a time. Sometimes it's an issue with a specific plugin or track, so if you just import all of it at once, you can still end up with problems. Best of luck!

Back