ProTools files to Cubase -- easy?

BxD

Had a session recorded, and it sucked. If I get the RAW files, is it easy to bring into Cubase 7.5 full? Audio, probably yes -- but peaks and other data / project files?

You can export an OMF or bounce down all the tracks from bar zero. Shouldn't be too difficult. OMFs are known to be buggy sometimes but give it a whirl. If it works it's probably the most time saving option. If it doesn't, ironically, it can be the most time CONSUMING option. lol

Cheers :)

Project files are not going to translate. But then, you said the session sucked. Just import the audio files and start over with the mix. Or start tracking again.

You should give a bit more info as to what the issue actually is, or what the availability of the tracks are. I myself had to purchase a program to take the files from a mac drive 'Protools' and dump them to PC for a project once.

I myself had to purchase a program to take the files from a mac drive 'Protools' and dump them to PC for a project once.

You can burn them to disk for transfer, or format any spare drive/card as FAT32 for compatibility.
Macfuse/NTFS-3g will let you access NTFS portable drives, but make sure you safely eject them from windows or the mac will refuse to access.

If networking is an option then that's another way around it.

What sucked was the final output (clipping audio, digital pops, etc). I watched the meters as he recorded, they were fine - he just killed the tracks after recording. When I had to use earplugs with my headphones while recording, that should have sent off more alarm bells than it did at the time.

I'm thinking I can do better, if I get the raw audio files from him, and if there was a handy dandy tool to convert.

He used a Mac and an old version of ProTools, so I may be S.O.L. Other than piecing it all together manually.

Back