Protools Dg002 Vs RME FireFace 800.

rahul

Dear Friends,

With sheer hardwork I am getting some dollrs for my assigments.

I am in a dire need to purchace a good sound interface for me specializing for Audio recording...The DG 002 is really a very userfriendly sound card and I am really a fan of the Protools cause they are no problem products.

However the Sampling rate is still limited to 96K.

many have been speaking with me in regard to buy a RME Fireface 800 It really seems to be a great audio interface.

Can any one really bring me to good light of which Audio interface I must go for cause a few dollors here an there would not be my problem but while I buy It must really be the best,

So what shall i do ? Dg002 or Fireface 800 RME

Pls help.

Rahul,

First off....there is NO audio interface/software combination that are "no problem products". Everything fails at one time or another, that's just the nature of the technology world.
As far as only being limited to 96k, what makes you think you really need to record at 192?? Have you ever done so?? Do a test...record 4 tracks of something for one minute at 16bit. Then find out how big the files are. I think you'll find your tracks will be amazingly huge and you will not gain anything of significance out of 192kHz. Many people here will suggest 48kHz, 24 bit as being the highest you should go. And you'll definitley get better results first out of 24 bit recordings than you will at a higher sample rate.

The RME gets good reviews, and so does the 002. I think you should decide on which software program you would like to use/buy and go with that. It will make a huge difference as to whether you buy the 002 or RME

I can't imagine that you'd really be recording a whole project above 96K...i mean especially if it's a multi-track project....i feel like your computer would have to be uber powerful. ha.

Back