Protools 9 and m-audio lightbridge

jmorris

Ok, so either I'm a knucklehead or the instruction with this unit are lame.
Details Macbook pro, Snow Leopard, Protools 9, M-audio 34 in 36 out lightbridge (firewire lightpipe interface).
Im using the lightbridge to get 24 channels of adat from my hd24 into my macbook pro. For the life of me I cannot figure out the channel assignments. There is not as I see an ability in Protools 9 to "see" adat 1/2, adat 3/4 etc as I am used to with my old moto 2408. Seems to start with "input 1 through 10" then adat 11/12 etc. Cab someone shed some light for me please:confused:

did you go to setup>IO and the click default on the input tab and output tab?

That should auto configure your ins and outs.

yep...about 12 times. It's very weird. I am wondering if I need to use the mpowered protools instead of the protools 9? I finally got the inputs working. Default did not do it for me. However, wave files look wacky, like recorded with improper clock source of something. Playback is jerky,popping also but it is related to record issue. What the hell?

you need to make sure the two devices are working from the same clock, and you need to make sure they are at the same sample rate.

Let me know.

Yes clock rate was the same but when I switched the hd24 and clocked it to the lightbridge all is ok. All inputs look good. Before when I would go into protools setup under i/o the list of inputs were scartered like input 1, adat22/23, input 9, adat 5/6 . I mean all over the place very random. With the two units clocked together all play and records fine. The only problem left is I can't seem to monitor from lightbridge headphone jack. I can lightpipe out from it into my apogee mini dac and from there into console but nothing coming out of lightbridge headphone jack.

Thanks!

glad to hear it.

If the lightbridge is anything like my moto 828, the phones out is different from the master out, rather than a mirror.

Just try flicking through your outputs until you find it.

If not, i can't help, but maybe someone else knows your gear better.

Good luck!

Back