proteus

ubik

I want to get a sound module that will give an assortment of great sounds, from piano to strings to pads and effects. I have looked at a bunch and am heavily considering the emu proteus 2000.

Anybody have anything negative to say or can recommend anything else???

Thanks...

I have been working with the Proteus 2000 for the last two months, and I would highly suggest it. The only negative thing I can say is that for the time I have been working with it, I am still not fully comfortable with it, but I haven't had access on a a daily basis, but I would still highly recommend it.

ive been working with the Emu Morpheus in my studio lately. the only think i can say about Emu stuff is that the pianos aren't that great and some of the bass sounds aren't either. Im not just talkin about the morpheus, but on the proteus too. if you want a good piano sound, get a korg tr-rack or the sg rack.

other than that, ive just had an artist in the dance studio and also studio A, and the backing track was made using a Korg Triton, Memory moog, korg Z1, yamaha ex5, korg sg,emu morpheus, korg triton, roland jp8000 and a novation supernover. all sequenced through logic audio and then to pro tools. about 40% of the sounds were running off the morpheus. nice bit of kit, bar the two sounds i said, piano and bass. and also strings, but then, that has been improved *i think* on the proteus.

The Proteus 2000 is great, especially if you have an E4 Ultra. It's amazingly handy to be able to take Flash RAM out of the Ultra and drop it into the Proteus 2000 - essentially a "cheap" playback-only E4. I had heard a rumor that the Proteus 2000 was either discontinued or was in the process of being discontinued though, in favor of the new Virtuoso 2000 sound module from Emu. I don't think you can quote me on that though, because it was just an rumor thatI haven't been able to get confirmed yet!

Ryan.

--
Sonic Control
www.soniccontrol.com
.the on-line interactive community, news and information resource for musicians and composers.

in reply to the earlier post, cus there's a lot of people working at my studio, i dont actually use the memory moog myself, it's kept in the dance/digital studio. probably get lots of squelchy noises though.

Back