Pros DO use behringer stuff!

i thought it was a tea tray...

.... before i realised no one would trust a Whole Cup Of Tea on Behringer :p

Andy

why are homerecordists crapping on behringer? with racks filled with presonus, art, studio projects, samson, etc. -- it smells of pot....calling the kettle black, that is!

I think almost all the behringer stuff is crap and they seem a bit dodgy as a biz over all, but I hate to say it, but the headphone amps are pretty good and a decent price. Its the only Behringer gear I own.

RecTechMin said:
why are homerecordists crapping on behringer? with racks filled with presonus, art, studio projects, samson, etc. -- it smells of pot....calling the kettle black, that is!

I don't think it's that. It's that there is usually stuff that is better quality at a similar pricepoint. A large portion of their stuff is generally noisy and has a tendency to break down when used heavily. Behringer has also frequently demonstrated the shady practice of reverse engineering other popular products.

I've seen a Behri headphone amp in a pro studio as well. Pros have to save money where they can, too. Been thinking about picking one up myself. Why spend tons of cash on a headphone amp?! (If my clients cared and were paying enough, I would buy "better" stuff.... but they don't. I could probably fill my rack with Behri stuff and use a big, glossy Behri mixer and they wouldn't know the difference.)

The only other Behringer piece of gear I 've ever used is an unbalanced patch bay. Works great. Easier to swtich normaling schemes than the balanced bays I have. (shrug). Its also sitting off the side somewhere because I need balanced- not because its behringer.

Its more the business practices of the company and the build quality that gets bashed. From what I understand the sound of the stuff isn't that bad- especially for the price. Haven't bothered to go find out, though. I prefer older used stuff.

Chris

And FTR, I have a couple of pieces of Behri gear that I love and use a lot - mainly the Composer, the V-Amp Pro and Bass V-Amp Pro. But I think Scrubs and Chris nailed the main points.

Woohoo. Headphone amp. :p

Behringer headphone amps wouldn't really bother me, because they are not in the signal path that gets recorded. Based on my previous experience with Behringer gear, I will never use one of their products in the recording chain. Somewhere else, maybe, but not there. $0.02 :D

Hey Mad: Really? I may have to take a look at some of those Behri's. I guess I'll eat my own words. :D :p

Last edited:
HAHA..
Just start a thread with key word behringer in the title and everyone gets their panties in a wad. I saw that picture and just put it up as a goof.
I thought it would be funny, but only the reaction to it has been.

Doug

p.s. I own this too....

I just got bad rep points for my last comment. I'd like to apologize for my previous statement. Let me restate what I meant:

BEHRINGER IS THE BEST GEAR EVER!!!!!

To the persons who gave me the bad rep points, I hope you enjoy your samson and art gear.

RecTechMin-

Oh, well. FWIW, I thought your comment was fairly accurate. I don't see a whole lot of difference in all the gear at the bottom of the price range. Its all pretty much pick your poison to taste. Not that its horrible- its just the bottom of the price range. (shrug) I wouldn't expect it to be fabulous.

Behri just has low end gear AND shady business practices- from what I understand. In the "I need to make my $20 go as far as it can" world of low end gear, that's as good a reason as any to pull the trigger on one deivce over the other for some people.

Chris

RecTechMin said:
I just got bad rep points for my last comment. I'd like to apologize for my previous statement. Let me restate what I meant:

BEHRINGER IS THE BEST GEAR EVER!!!!!

To the persons who gave me the bad rep points, I hope you enjoy your samson and art gear.

LOL. :D

They make a couple of pieces I wouldn't give up for live use. They also took a major quality dive a few years ago, if you can believe it. The stuff is as junky as it's rep now, which wasn't always the case. I only own one piece of their gear made in the last five years.

Did ya hear about the new Radio Shack tube speakers? The ones that say "U.S. Mail" on them?

Sorry; I couldn't resist. Bad dog! No cookies for me. :cool:

Hey recTech you probably got negative feedback for comparing behringer to the likes of presonus and others. I happen to own the ada8000 which barely ever gets used, I decided to upgrade a bit and bought a Eureka. I compared the two and it was night and day, even to musicians that didn't know a damn thing about preamps could here the difference. The presonus was cleaner and bigger sounding, much more pleasant to the ears. And whens the last time behringer made a $2000 dollar preamp?

Back