Propblem with my Mackie 1202?

J Wah

Problem with my Mackie 1202?

So last night I was listening to a cd through headphones and my Mackie 1202 vlz pro and here is what was going on. I have my receiver amp connected to the tape ins on the Mackie from a line out on the receiver. I press tape for the control room and listen to the cd through my cans. Tape is the only source bottom pressed. Problem is when I turn the control room level all the way down, I still here the cd. Not loud but loud enough to tell it is being amped. Then I turn off the tape button for the control room so there should be nothing going to the cans. I still hear the cd. Really quiet, like its not being amped. But when I turn the level up for the control room it gets louder, still quiet and not amped but louder. Any thoughts or anyone have a similar setup they could try.

Thanks A lot,

J

Last edited:
Re: Problem with my Mackie 1202?

J Wah said:
I have my receiver amp connected to the tape ins on the Mackie from a line out on the receiver.

I think the signal is too strong if this is how its really connected. The tape ins are for rca out of a tapedeck with no signal increase on the way there.

H2H

I haven't noticed it before the other night. Is cross talk something that could come and go? I muted all other channels and made sure all channel leves were down. Still heard the cd. Does this still sound like cross talk?

H2H, the receiver is connected to the tape ins from rca line outs on the receiver.

Back