Prometheus Of My Soul

Nice guitar tone man...sounds really good. Vocals fit well also..nice tune. Vocals seem a bit dry....might use a bit more something. (this coming from someone who has a terrible time fitting vox.... :o )

I like the song alot...it's really cool.

Good tune. A very expressive voice. I'd reduce the low mids of the right side rhythm guitar a little. Maybe also a touch of autotune on the couple of high vocal notes that are just a bit flat. You really nailed that vocal high note at 3:11. Nice.

Tim

Seems like this has a bit more bottom end than your last post. Sounds fuller, richer, just nicer overall.

Very good songwriting, lyrics and chord arrangements. The two (or three)guitars compliment each other nicely - each has its own part and expression.

Very nice.....definitely worth a listen everyone......

Let us know when the CD is available....

:) :D :) :D

Gummble:

Very good song, again !!!

And, at least to my taste, acoustic guitar sounds even better than "not a love song", which I like a lot too.

Congratulations one more time, buddy!!!

CIRO

Thanks alot guys, Im going to look at some of the lows on this. Tim, i know the parts where autotune might be useful on this one. I had a cold the day i recorded this so my voice is a bit Nasaly and Shit. I might reduce the guitar on the left, maybe compress it a bit because there are parts where it drops off. The one on the right is very Boomy, thats mainly why i added the left guitar. It sort of brightens the overall soundscape. Maybe a touch more verb on the vox. Thanks again guys!

TOP SONG GUMMBLE,
Great classical references in the title too. I actually quite like the nasal tone. I get what you mean about the 2nd guitar adding the balance in tone to the 1st. It works. tim suggestions are spot on but I'm not good enough with the head lugs/wingnuts to feel the need for auto tune.
Some bits of the solo are a bit quiet - reminds me of some of the solos on Al stewarts past present & Future album (1976)

rayc said:
TOP SONG GUMMBLE,
Great classical references in the title too. I actually quite like the nasal tone. I get what you mean about the 2nd guitar adding the balance in tone to the 1st. It works. tim suggestions are spot on but I'm not good enough with the head lugs/wingnuts to feel the need for auto tune.
Some bits of the solo are a bit quiet - reminds me of some of the solos on Al stewarts past present & Future album (1976)

Thanks alot! I will have to dig out that album and have a listen. I have never used Auto tune before, i have always just left on tape what occurred. Maybe a harmony in there might balance the vox on those sections. Truth is that i nail none of the high sections in there, well not the way i have in the past. Over all im happy with it. It sits nicely with the rest of the tracks on the Album.

Well written gumbelfish...Kinda reminiscent of early Dylan. The intonation is not a problem, kinda fits the genre. Barry Manilow can sing in tune, but wouldn't fit the style. NoWhatImean??

I agree on re-eq'ing the guitar, a little boomy

Overall, very enjoyable

chazba

Listening on work headphone so no boom.

But the song is very expressive and very cool. The playing is very nice. The voice is too cool. :)

Nice outro. :)

Thanks alot guys, i am still to mix these songs. If i get time over the weekend i should have the album mixed and ready for mastering. I have been told before that my stuff sounds like early dylan, Not a bad thing in my book i suppose. Thanks again.

Back