ProKeys 88

Brad_C

Does anyone here know how I can run my prokeys 88 through my computer and be have it play on my computer speakers while I have something else playing, ie an audio file in say i tunes. I am using a pc. My sound card is an audiophile 2946. Any help would be great.

If the prokeys 88 is an MIDI controller then u will have to have some type of program like Fruity Loop, Reason,ect. to control sounds. But if it has sound on it jus take the Audio OUT to the LINE IN on your sound card. But if its an MIDI controller then take the MIDI OUT to the MIDI IN.

Brad_C said:
I knew that, can I have some better information.

Damn well excuse me for tryin to help. Maybe if u give some better information u can receive better information. :mad:

Well not to be mean but maybe if you did a search on the product. But still thanks for the help, but the problem lies deeper then what it appears.

well I think I have an idea of what your trying to do. Load up your favorite daw. If you like the sounds built in then connect your keyboard into your line of the soundcard. If it's midi then connect it via either midi or usb. Either way now load up the loop or track you want to jam along too in an audio track. If it's an audio track load up and audio track and make sure that the input of that chanels corresponds to the input of your soundcard where you pluged in the keyboard. If you want to work based on midi it's a little different. Load up a midi track and load up and instrument to compliment the midi. Once you assign the output of the midi track to the instrument, you should hit the monitor button and be hearing your beautiful sounds as you play the keyboard. Me personally I have the keystation pro 88, and I have to the midi route. I personally have no problem with that other than the fact that it will take up cpu power. Well good luck and I hope I helped you out. In your case with the pro 88, you have either choice be it via audio in or midi in. If there's anything you need to know hit me a pm

if your card has direct monitoring you should be able to listen to your keyboard without loading up your daw if you connect it via line in.

Back