Project III

7string

Ok, this is yet another part of this project. It's just a quick mix so any and all suggestions please, as it's probably pretty much outta whack...

Very cool progression into the groove and lead. I also dig the Minor-Major-Minor changes during the solo. Great tone on the guitar. Love the sustain.

Bumpin' for Jeff. This was posted in the middle of the week and didn't get much love.

Kind of reminded me of a Boston tune at the beginning...I like the sound of the keyboard on this...I would like it even more if the keyboard were one sound through out...more like the sound when rhythm guitar is playing...I like that sound more and I think it would sound awesome if you changed the whole song to one sound on the keyboard or whatever your using.

Song is cool however I didnt like some of those keyboard sound however I liked the riffs...change it to one sound and it will be a very cool song...keep more to that organ sound...this song is kind of like a blend between Boston and Deep Purlpe.

Kind of reminded me of a Boston tune at the beginning...I like the sound of the keyboard on this...I would like it even more if the keyboard were one sound through out...more like the sound when rhythm guitar is playing...I like that sound more and I think it would sound awesome if you changed the whole song to one sound on the keyboard or whatever your using.

Song is cool however I didnt like some of those keyboard sound however I liked the riffs...change it to one sound and it will be a very cool song...keep more to that organ sound...this song is kind of like a blend between Boston and Deep Purlpe.

Hey D! Thanks much for the comments! Actually, the FIRST time I recorded this I used a bunch of different tones than what I used this time. I wrote this about 30 years ago and have never gotten around to recording it until recently. It's actually what started the whole project off for me. ;)

I'll give your suggestions some consideration and play around with it some more. Maybe a single tone throughout would be better. Maybe some others will chime in with a NO or a GO on that point.

Oh, and I have a bit better mix I'll be posting tomorrow (Sunday).

Thanks again!

Rami said:
Bumpin' for Jeff. This was posted in the middle of the week and didn't get much love.

Much thanks duder!

I see what you mean about the bass tone! Very nice!

I don't get a Boston vibe with this, though... more of a harder kicking Yes... but I'm weird, so take that for what it's worth. :D

I see what you mean about the bass tone! Very nice!

I don't get a Boston vibe with this, though... more of a harder kicking Yes... but I'm weird, so take that for what it's worth. :D

THAT is the bass tone that I've been searching for! I finally adopted the RAMI approach to bass, which is, "I don't know what the fuck happened, I only know it works so I'm gonna keep doing it, but I'll tell everybody it's just a good sounding bass." ;)

Ok, just kidding Rami! But you knew that!

I'm afraid to tell what exactly I did to achieve that tone (let's just say I stumbled on it accidentally), because I'll get ragged on and told that it is wrong and there's SO much wrong with that tone, etc. But the fact is, I LIKE IT, and as everybody likes to say around here, "If it sounds good to YOU then it's right."

Back