Project files dialog missing many audio files

Ptron

I'm using Sonar 4. Since I recently swtiched to using per project audio files, instead of saving everything as bundles, only a few of the audio files in any given song are showing up in its project files dialog box. Well, my first project audio file is about four times too big to backup to a DVD so I'm trying to break it down to "per song" audio files using "save as" and checking "copy audio files". But the only audio files that end up in the new audio folder are the same few that show up in the project files dialog. All the audio files show up in the original project audio file. If I open the original or new .cwp, everything's there and no problems are indicated. What's goin on here :confused:

First, at least in my opinion, when Cakewalk refers to per project filing system they mean "per song." I realize you might consider an entire CD a "project," however, the idea is to place all the audio for one song in a single folder.

If you want to associate all the songs on a CD with a single project, use subdirectories. In other words, make a single folder called NewCD, and then within that folder make subfolders for Song1, Song2, etc. When you go to backup, just backup the song folders individually.

As for your seeming lack of audio files, my guess is that at some time in the past you backed these up to a bundle file (.cwb) and restored them. When you backup to a bundle, all the audio associated with the song is compressed into one single (large) wave file. When you restore the project, the audio remains as a single file. Most likely you have one wave file for each song.

dachay2tnr said:
As for your seeming lack of audio files, my guess is that at some time in the past you backed these up to a bundle file (.cwb) and restored them. When you backup to a bundle, all the audio associated with the song is compressed into one single (large) wave file. When you restore the project, the audio remains as a single file. Most likely you have one wave file for each song.

Nope, this is a new project. None of the songs have ever been saved as a bundle. They're the way they were recorded.

It looks like not all the tracks appear in the original project audio folder either. I did a count for one song and heres what a I came up with:

Song- 12 audio tracks
project audio folder- 8 wavs
project audio dialog- 2 wavs!

I'm going to try importing a few of those wavs and see if any are actually more than 1 track.

Back