Project Card not working

JFogarty

I have the Cubasis project pack, that has a small version of cubase, and a soundcard. The card sounds fine, but now I don't get any return signal from the left out put. Its not the cable, and not my mixer, I'm just not getting nothing but this big hissing noise from the left out. Do you think this is a physical thing? Is my card just fucked and I should just cough up the money for a delta 1010?

I hear ya brother, I have the same problem with the right input signal on my project card (I use the spdif out - no problems there - yet!). I have tried everything I can think of to remedy and no luck.

I have been wanting to upgrade to a card that had digital in features as well, so I took this project card snafu as a sign that it was time to replace. I am guessing, and it is a very uneducated guess, that the project cards are not put together very well. I mean, I saw the Project Pack go from like $300 something to under $100 in a flash, so maybe Steinberg realized that they had a piece of dung on their hands. I dunno - maybe it is an easy fix, but I tried and tried - I am just moving on to a new card.

Good luck.

Damn, thats what I was afraid of. The RCA inputs really aren't on there all that well. Just a genuinly poorly made product. Oh well. Next stop Delta1010.

Back