progress, but not enough

mahuebel

Well,
I posted here almost a year ago with a mix of a song that i thought really needed work (Be With you old version)
Well i've been working on it and other songs since then and I think i've made some real progress, here is the current version Be With You current version

I know that it's not there yet, I can tell that it doesnt sound like an album recorded in a big name studio and mastered by professional mastering engineers. What i would like to know is, where do I go from here... I don't knw what to do to make it sound better. My hearing hasn't progressed far enough for me to know instinctually how to make things gel together, does that make sense?

Thanks anyway

Ughhh... stupid sandpaper ping pong paddles! Seriously, the only gigs I have are about levels. The song has a nice stereo image. Spread out really nice. A nice shine to the whole mix. The guitar stuff on the far left and right tends to drown everything else out. The outside stuff is so loud that the stuff in the middle is too quiet. The main vocal could comeup just a tinch. But, the background vocals and the brass need to come up two tinches. It might be easier to just turn down the stuff out on the wings. And, next time, put this in the MP3 Mixing area.

Back