Program question

needlewithaprun

Do all digital interfaces come with embedded software that you have to use for recording? I have an iMac with GarageBand and, though that's not the best program, I would most likely start off with that. What issues arise when attempting to use any given digital interface with GarageBand?

Interfaces do not come embedded with software. That is sometimes included on a seperate CD. An interface does not good drivers though to work properly either under windows or mac. Before buying, just check that they have drivers compatible with your version of OS and you are good to go.

An easier way to relate to an interface is to just think of it as a more recording oriented soundcard. It functions the same way as your normal computer soundcard, but gives more options for getting signals into it for recording.

Garageband is a great program by the way.

Thanx for the tips!

For the record, I was not bashing GarageBand. I love it for what little I have been able to do without an interface. The truth is that I don't know enough about it and have heard great things about Logic, Pro Tools and the like.

Back