Professional RCA Cables

Damian227

I always find that any high quality cables will not fit properly to any computer interface? The head and pin is fine, but the bulky part we hold to push in, always seems far to thick on pro cables, meaning they push each other out of place?

It's starting to bug me as I've spent £50+ on two cables TWICE to find it damn near breaks the card to squeeze them in? Yet my cheap ebay job for my speakers fits the card with no spacing issue at all... am I going to have to sacrifice quality to get a neat, easy fit?

I'd take a grinding wheel or a coarse file to the offending connectors. As long as you don't make any electrical contact, you should be able to shape them to your will. For plastic connectors, a hot knife isn't bad. Metallic connectors are more dicey, and I might file them a bit and then seal them with epoxy. A big mucking hammer will work too, but I don't recommend it! If you are a purist, buy some high quality connectors, cut off the old ones, and solder on ones that fit. I know I've seen them, they are cylindrical, knurled, anodized metal, and a smaller diameter, maybe 3/8". Looks like some design crew had cheaper cables than you. I feel your pain (in the ass).-Richie

Yeah I was considering filing them down as it's just a huge wad of thick plastic.. but why do I need it SO thick when cheap cables stick to a standard size? lol

On a live set up, obviously there is more spacing, but on a soundcard it's all very cramped and makes these cables a huge pain in the ass lol

Order custom-made cables from Redco using Neutrik NYS352G connectors. Those will be much nicer and cheaper than any fancy "high-end" cable.

Oh, I see you're in the UK. Well, they do ship there but it might be expensive. If you roll your own, I prefer the Neutrik NYS373 instead . . .

Back