Problems with RME Multiface

GoneinUS

I just got an RME Multiface and PCI card. I set it up on my computer with Windows XP Home. I have outputs 1 & 2 for my monitors and 3 & 4 for my headphone amp. I am using N-track for my software. I was playing a song in N-track to test it out. However, I can only get 2 of the outputs (1 set of putputs) to work and any given time. I have gone into N-track and selected both sets of outputs, but only the outputs that are given first priority work. The other set of outputs don't work. I have tried to go through the RME software to see of there is a problem there, but everything seems to be in order. Is this a windows problem? I am really at a loss here (I have uninstalled and re-installed the PCI card to see if that would help). Any help would be greaty appreciated. Thanks.

a quick solution.

heres what i do. explanation. n track like most multitrack software mixes to stereo in real time. so if you need to feed main monitors via a monitor amp AND headphones run by their own amplifierat THE SAME TIME you need to take the 2 outputs - lets say 1 and 2 into a splitter box. most retailers have them. they simply split the incoming stereo signal into two stereo signals
output. one output of the splitter box goes to your main monitor amplifier,
and the other to your headphone amplifier. there are other ways to do it as well. you could use a Y cable approach but this is not recommended often as you might in some cases cause problems. other ways are to use a cheap mixer you have lying around to do the same thing. or even use a cassette deck to split the signal. so you plug your headphones into the cassette deck and send the output of your deck to main monitor amp.
this will give you a quick solution in case you cant get the sound card settings to do what you want. you might also try asking on the fasoft.com user forum.

Back