Problems with recording and playback

MannaZen

Okay here is what I have

-Atholon 1.1
-256 mg ram
-40 gig HD w/ 38gig remaing space
-delta 44 sound card

-using sonar xl 2.2 to record.

This is driving me up the wall! Last week I was recording 4 channels at a time no problem. I tried to record last night and it is getting severe skipping, cracking, popping, crap! It sounds as if Im hitting mute of an on a bunch of times. I have my latency set at 748 (I think thats right) I have tried setting it higher but it gets much worse. I also tried setting it lower.

The one thing that puzzled me is I think this is a playback issue. I opened some older songs that were recording w/ no problems at all and now they sound like shit. This PC is brand new. I only have 3 programs on it so its not loaded up at all. It was working fine last week and I havent changed a thing?

Help! Please...

Steve

-this is a repost. I accidently made the first post in recording tech! Whoops

What's your buffer-setting in the Delta Control Panel?

And is 748 the latency in Sonar?

the latency is in the Delta control panel.

I think the buffer is set at 44000. It wont let me change that. Everytime I do it just resets itself.

(ok ive experienced problems with my computer randomly...but they werent playback issues, jsut random stupid stuff, so ill try and help but dont expect any good usefull help haha)

u the kind of person who keeps their computer on all the time, even when your in bed?(if so, turn off your computer for a few hours then reboot...beleive me, it helps a ton of stuff haha)

u surf the internet on that computer a lot? (if so see if there are any things in your install/uninstall programs list that you didnt install yourself...that helped me for a few things)

tried using all the usual maintainence things provided by your operating system? (kinda a no brainer but hey might as well)

yah sorry all my tips are useless, but there always is a chance that you forgot one or something

Back