Problems with new interface - outputs

Blueeyedgirl

I bought new audio interface - Tascam Us-122mkll. I record one track in my DAW (Sony Acid music studio) and everything's good. But I want to record more then only 1 track. My problem is that I'm not hearing the first track when I am recording the second one.. I must choose between hearing what I am playing or hearing the first track I recorded. What I must do to solve the problem? Is it possible to hear 2 different tracks through 2 different outputs in Tascam US-122mkll or should I buy Tascam US-144mkll?
Please help, I'm completely newbie and I am upset because I spent money on a thing that does not suit my expectations :(
Thanks in advance for any help..

You should be able to hear the first track being played as you record the second track.

Are you using direct monitoring on your US-122 to hear the second track as you are recording? (you should be).

Can you hear your first track when you play it back (without trying to record a second track)?

Turn record monitoring on for track 1. The button which looks like two speakers should be visible just to the left of the 'arm for record' button. It may only appear once you've armed a 2nd track though, so you have to play around with it a little.

Back