Problems with my Behringer mixer. Help needed

toka

Hey!

Im having problems recording midi to audio in Cubase SXwith my Virus synth!

I have a Behringer 1604A mixer and a Audiophile 2496 card!

Here is how i have connected everything:

Tannoy MOnitors > Behringer Main Output

Behringer ALT 3-4 Outputs > Audiophile INPUTS

Audiophile OUTPUTS> Behringer Line IN

Virus > Behringer Line IN

I have pressed down the ALT 3-4 button on the mixer where the virus is connected! Also i have checked in Cubase SX "vst connections" that everything is right! But i still dont seem to get any activity on the BUS 1 channel in cubase mixer! No audio is recorded!

Do i need to connect things thru the mixer in any other way or?

please help !

regards
toomas

Hey, maybe a little rearranging might help

Hey Toomas,
I have the same mixer, which i've found to be quite adaptable to most situations. Perhaps a little rearranging might help you out a bit:

Tannoy Monitors > Behringer Ctrl R Out (control room outputs)

Behringer Main outs > Audiophile INPUTS

Audiophile OUTPUTS > Behringer line IN (stereo pair) or Behringer Tape IN; Tape IN may be nice since you can turn it on and off with one of two of the Behringer 2 TK buttons, either sending it just the Behringer Ctrl R Out (in this case just your Tannoy Monitors) by depressing the Behringer 2 TK button positioned just above the ALT 3-4 fader, or by sending the signal to the entire mix by depressing the 2 TK TO MIX button positioned above the MAIN MIX faders.

Virus > Behringer Line IN

I'm not familiar with the Audiophile card or Cubase, but you might want to check to see if the Line IN on your computer might be muted at all (Windows this would be that little mixer thing if you double click the speaker, Mac this would be under Control panel -> Sound)

Oh yeah, one more thing, if you plug the Tannoy Monitors into the Behringer Ctrl R OUT, you can control their volume by the Ctrl R/Phones knob above the MAIN MIX faders; also make sure the Behringer MAIN MIX button is depressed (the one next to the Ctrl R/Phones knob) or you won't be hearing much.

I most certainly hope this helps, Best of Luck to ya! :cool:

Back