Problems with Lighningmp3.com?

scarboro78

NYC HIP-HOP AMBASSADOR
Hey Guys,

Anyone know if lightningmp3.com is not accepting new uploads? I haven't recieved an email for a song I uploaded yesterday.. tried again today and nothing.. :(

Thanks!

Hmmmmm - I am getting the email (it sends one to you and one to me at the same time) - Maybe hotmail has some sort of spam filter that is stopping it.

Here is the link -

If you want it to stay up for more than 90 days, PM me and I will figure out the php link. (I only get the direct link).

Sorry about that.......

NL5 said:
Hmmmmm - I am getting the email (it sends one to you and one to me at the same time) - Maybe hotmail has some sort of spam filter that is stopping it.

Here is the link -

If you want it to stay up for more than 90 days, PM me and I will figure out the php link. (I only get the direct link).

Sorry about that.......

Wow you are fast.. thanks man! I checked my junk mail in hotmail and nothing is in there. I've used your site before and haven't had a problem so it's kind of weird.

scarboro78 said:
Wow you are fast.. thanks man! I checked my junk mail in hotmail and nothing is in there. I've used your site before and haven't had a problem so it's kind of weird.

There may be a filter at the server level. Not sure. Looks like the address is correct - not really sure what is up with that.........

NL5 said:
There may be a filter at the server level. Not sure. Looks like the address is correct - not really sure what is up with that.........
I think I may have found the issue. My Junk mail options in hotmail were set to automatically delete messages instead of putting them into the junk mail bin. I'll try uploading a new song and let you know if I get the email.

scarboro78 said:
I think I may have found the issue. My Junk mail options in hotmail were set to automatically delete messages instead of putting them into the junk mail bin. I'll try uploading a new song and let you know if I get the email.

Cool. Let me know if that was it.

Yup, just got the email.. thanks again for your help man! By the way, while I have your attention can you please explain the whole 90 days thing?

scarboro78 said:
Yup, just got the email.. thanks again for your help man! By the way, while I have your attention can you please explain the whole 90 days thing?

I just pm'd you, but I will explain for everybody else.

I tried to make Lightningmp3 as simple as possible - you don't need an account, you don't have to register, and you can direct link your files. I don't think the interface and operation could be any more simple. Well, as a consequence, you are unable to delete your old files. I only have so much server space, so I had to come up with a way to deal with that. So, now when you upload a file, it put's a link into a database. When that link is accessed, it not only re-directs you to the actual direct link, it also updates the database with the "date of last access" for every file. If a file goes more than 90 days without a single access, it gets deleted by the server automatically. I guessed that would be long enough to consider a file "abandoned". The time length may get altered, it just depends on how it is working. The new system is only 71 days old, so no files have been deleted as of yet - except by me (damn myspace idiots uploading Tupac!)

Back