Problems with Delta 66

ColdAsh

Wasnt sure if i shouild put this in the cubase forum but I thought it was just as appropriate here.
I got a new copy of Cubase SX 3 the other day and last night I finally got round to setting up a new partition and OS for it. Everything seemed to go fine but Cubase only recognised my Delta 66 (and omni studio) as having 2 inputs and 2 outputs. Ive also noticed theres quite a delay from starting/stopping a song and it actualy starting/stopping playing.
Ive got the newest drivers for the delta 66 which I installed before I installed cubase.

The only thing I can think that may have caused the problem was the fact that I hadnt installed the drivers for my AC97 on the motherboard. Ive since installed the drivers for it and it hasnt helped. I'm considering wiping the partition and starting again but I dont realy wanna waste my time doing that if its not going to solve the problem.

Now I will be honest here and admit that I have used a craked version of cubase SX2 on my normal OS (before you all have a go at me, it was only to get a feel for the program to decide if I should buy it or not - and I have bought it) and I has detected the delta 66 and having the correct number of inputs and outputs.

Also every time i boot up SX3 it says that the soundcard has not been tested (or something to that effect) and it always fails the test.

If anyone can help me solve this problem or give me any advice it would be much appreciated

Oh yeah one other thing - Im almost positive Cubase is using the ASIO drivers for the delta 66, but im about to switch to the studio OS and check

Just found out that the copy of Windows XP i bought from ebay has been pirated so now I'll have to send it back and get a new copy and re-install it on the partition meaning I'll have to redo everything anyway and that I'm gonna have to wait a few more days until i can set it all up. I might try putting SX3 on my normal OS so see if it all works with the delta 66

When you open a new project in Cubase only ins 1 and 2 are activated.

You need to go to the devices menu, go into the inputs and activate the other ins you need.

Hopefully your new (legit) OS will solve the other problems.

Yeah i knew that. The problem is that only inputs 1 and 2 show up in the device menue and in the preferences menue (or setting, whatever it is)

Back