problems with cakewalk

davejohno

I'm using pro audio 9. I had some problems with crackling audio, Thanks to some people on this board it's now fixed. But of course now I'm having another problem, when i record or playback the play line or whatever it's called (the line that moves across) is jumpy ie it's not moving consistantly. So when i try to record the midi to audio it's all over the place. Any ideas????

Have you messed with "Latency"? What are your specs? Can you dance with the Baby ( David is bored tonight)?
baby4.gif
baby4.gif

DavidK,

Bored? Why aren't you playing your violin? The spirit of Frank is getting very perturbed...

Try going to Options> Audio> General and move the slider to the left and right to see what happens. You might have to hit Wave Profiler each time you make an adjustment. Also, try different values in the Buffers. The lower the number, the less latency but at greater risk of a drop-out. (I think). Mine is set at 6 buffers and the slider is three quarters over to the left.

Also, Options> Audio > Advanced, play around with the I/O Buffer size . Mine is set at 1024 which is far higher than the manual says but it works for me.

Best of luck.

BTW, good Avatar DavidK, much better than the last one.:)

Back