problems panning with aux effects

MGS

This is probably elementary to the seasoned pros here but has baffled me for some time. When I run a signal to my Alesis MicroverbIII through the aux sends/ returns on my Yamaha MT4X cassette multitracker, I drastically lose the ability to pan that signal (the signal remains more or less centred and only moves slightly in the desired direction). The only way that I can pan accurately is if I run the stereo outs to the Alesis, and then to my PC for mixdown but, of course, the entire stereo product is affected equally. I want to be able to apply reverb to each track in varying amounts and still be able to pan the tracks with as much flexibility as possible. I appreciate all of the advice that I have received here and would welcome any comments regarding this (probably simple) problem.

Mark

sounds to me like you have original signal in your return from the microverb - try altering the MIX control on your microverb so you only get the effect not the dry signal as well
cheers

Thanks John and Spider,

Problem solved! I needed to have the mix at full and vary the aux send/ return levels. I verified this by consulting the online manuals (since I don't have one) at Alesis but I probably wouldn't have thought of it without your helpful advice.

Thanks again,

Mark

Back