Problems in Sonar 5

Milkman

Hey Everyone,

I recently upgraded from Sonar 4 to 5 and moved it to my laptop so I can track with less fan noise. I have a few problems....

Using MIDI, there is mad latency. Like I play a note on my keyboard (which sounds with the native sounds) and then the software synth seems to respond almost half a second later (TTS-1).

Also, I get frequent errors when I try to play or record that say "Unable to open audio playback device." I then have to restart my system and it is usually fixed.

Any help with these problems would be much appreciated! Sonar 5 is rocking other than that, so far.

Setup is Presonus Firepod....Laptop: Centrino 1.5ghz, 512 ram, 60gb hard drive, etc.

Thanks,

Milkman

Edit: One other problem that may be related: when I do the wave profiler test in Sonar, 44.1 khz is the only frequency that shows up as "available". Also, all of the ins/outs in Sonar are just labelled "BCo 0" - doesn't mention Firepod or the actual channel.

sounds like you need to update and reinstall your drivers for the Presonus, as it doesn't appear that Sonar has found them. You need to be using asio drivers for lower latency. Also your amount of RAM is going to limit the number of tracks you can do with sonar 5.

Back