Problems hooking things up...

badgerer

I've had my mixer (Behringer Eurorack MX2642A) for a couple of years now and I'll be honest with you, I've never really understood it. With my old computer, I ran the wires from my soundcard (Audiophil 2496) to the mixer in such a way that allowed me to record sound and play back sound, but I've never understood why which wire goes where and why! In addition to that, for some reason basic functionality on the mixer (such as the decibel meter) have never worked. However, I've always just been happy with the ability to record and play back, without needing to know anymore about the inner workings of my mixer and soundcard.

However, now I have a new computer, and guess what? I can't get anything working! I had written which wires had gone where as such:

- Soundcard: Analog INS (left and right) --> Mixer: 2 Track input (left and right)
- Mixer: Main mix inserts and outs (left and right) --> Soundcard: Analog OUTS (left and right)

I hope that makes sense...I also have my moniter speakers hooked up to "Ctrl Rm" left and right. I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong, obviously because I have little to no knowledge of how mixers are supposed to be hooked up to computers! I'm assuming it's a problem with how things are wired up, because I'm pretty sure the soundcard is installed ok. I currently have the "M-Audio Delta AP 1/2" selected for sound playback and sound recording in the control panel.

At the moment I cannot record or play back sound. I'd be very grateful if any of you could help me to fix my problem, or at least nudge me in the right direction!

The manual for my mixer can be downloaded here: http://www.behringerdownload.de/MX2642A/MX2642A_ENG_Rev_E.zip

The manual for my soundcard can be downloaded here: http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/manuals/Audiophile2496_Manual.pdf

Here's hoping you can help me!

Cheers,

Tom

badgerer said:
- Soundcard: Analog INS (left and right) --> Mixer: 2 Track input (left and right)
- Mixer: Main mix inserts and outs (left and right) --> Soundcard: Analog OUTS (left and right)
:confused: :confused:

Ins go to Outs and Outs go to Ins.

So the "outs" on your mixer should be connected to the "ins" on your sound card, and the "outs" on your sound card should be connected to the "ins" on your mixer. Sounds to me like you've got them reversed.

Back