Problem with WDM drivers for Delta

I will try to compile the other results that have been posted here on my website if I get the chance. I think you should update yours to reflect your ACPI experiment and the like. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, and sometimes somebody posting a problem on a webpage scares engineers! :)

Thanks for being so diligent with these guys. I would have given up after being shot down once...I'd be to afraid of saying something I'd regret.

Slackmaster 2000

I take back everything I said about the offset remaining temporally constant regardless of sample rate. The most recent tests i did agree with what everyone else is saying : that the offset for any given buffering scheme is a fixed number of samples - therefore smaller at higher sample rates - as one might expect.

WDM Offset Problem Fixed

I just tried out Midiman's new beta driver. I am happy to say that the track offset problem is resolved in this driver. Midiman say they will be posting the driver on their site shortly.

Ben

Ben, what do you mean with NEW BETA DRIVER!!!!!! And why havent you posted a site for us to download it???????????????

so y does it say this

"MME and WDM applications like Sonar XL 2.0 should use WDM 5.10.00.27 driver. * * * As this is a BETA driver, any operational or software driver related issues should be reported to testing@m-audio.com."

Yeah dude, and they address a totally different problem in the notes...plus they say that they aren't low latency WDM. What's going on?

"This BETA release of the WDM driver for Delta series does not have GSIF (GigaStudio Interface) support, nor does it have WDM Latnecy support for less than 10ms operation. * * * This beta driver is being released as a service to those users wishing to obtain improved decoder support with Ravisent based decoding software for DVD playback. * * * MME and WDM applications like Sonar XL 2.0 should use WDM 5.10.00.27 driver. * * * As this is a BETA driver, any operational or software driver related issues should be reported to testing@m-audio.com."

Slackmaster 2000

i did install it, it is working fine except for the fact it won't go below 10 ms but at least it isn't 10.7ms as w/the other drivers @ 512

Damn Midiman, why couldn´t they make a driver that solved the lag and still be usable for low latency operation????? This is one step forward and two steps back!!!!!!!!!! What are we Sonar users gonna do about this, keep the .27 or use the new ones????:confused:

yeah, the lag is solved, but low latency is an issue. Since they mention it in the release notes for the beta, at least they acknowledge the issue. I'm sure they are working to fix it. They probably scrambled to fix the lag issue.

<edited>I was just told they are modifying the release notes to address the lag issue.

Last edited:
A beta for a professional driver that also takes care of the track offset problem is expected to be released in a few weeks. It is supposed to have much improved latency.

Back