Problem with Pro Tools 7 and Waves

nhomme

After I upgraded from PT 6.8 to 7 and 7.1, the Waves plugins won't show properly, or show at all. The window where I'm supposed to see the plugin is blank, or in some cases PT freezes and I have to restart.

I've browsed forums everywhere to find a workaround for this problem. According to someone somewhere, Waves are aware of this problem, but haven't been able to fix it yet.

Is anyone using this combination of software succesfully? Maybe I have to go back to older versions? I'm not to keen on doing that with PT, because I'm not sure if my new sessions will compatible with with 6.8 or 6.9

Check with the Waves folks. PT 7 and up have updated plugin standards and you have to get an update from Waves in order to use them to full capacity.

They *should* work and just be slow, but you never know. Are you on Waves V.5, at least?

Your new sessions are NOT compaitble pre V.7 versions. You can Save As, though, and chose an older format that will be compatible. Do that BEFORE going back to an earlier verison!!! :)

Good luck,
Chris

Back