problem with MIDI effects

guttadaj

Since I upgraded from SONAR 2.2 to 3, I'm getting this weird problem in the display of the dialog boxes of some of my Cakewalk FX MIDI effects where some of the labels aren't showing up. I'm seeing it on the Arpeggiator, Midi Event Filter, Quantize, and Velocity effects. I've attached a picture of one of the dialogs so you can see what I mean.

Anyone have any ideas what could be going on?

Many thanks! :)
-Jeff

Attachments

• quantizedialog.gif
    quantizedialog.gif
    49.5 KB · Views: 46
You're right about the thread title - sorry about that - should have been more specific...

Thanks a bunch for the link!! I'll cross my fingers and try looking into the video acceleration tonight. :)

Tried turning down my video acceleration (was at Full and turned it all the way to None), but the dice are still nowhere to be found. ;) :( Anyone have any ideas on what to try or can tell me what has changed from Sonar2 to Sonar3 that might be causing this?

Thanks! :)
-Jeff

problem solved

Howdy, folks.

Well, finally broke down and emailed Sonar support on this one. They had me go in and select Properties->Advanced from My Computer and, in the Performance Settings, switch to "Adjust for best performance". This clears away all the options, and it fixed the problem. I went back in and, just out of curiosity, wanted to pinpoint which option actually caused the problem. It was the "Use Visual Styles on Windows and Buttons" option that was the culprit. Strange that it worked ok with version 2 but stopped working once I upgraded to version 3... :rolleyes: whatever...

Anyway, it's fixed now, and my first experience with Cakewalk support was a positive one. Yay! :D

Later,
-Jeff

Back