problem with manual

student8

I'm trying to get a .pdf manual for my Otari MTR-10.

I know that most of you say to get it from AnalogRules.com - but when I try to download it from there, it downloads in something called .RAR files.

I use an Apple computer, and I also have no idea as to what a .RAR file even is. Each time I've tried downloading the manual, and once it's completed, I try then opening that file, but it gives me an error message basically saying, "have no way of opening this file or no program to open it with."

Does anyone else know how to get these manuals downloaded into some sort of file that an Apple will accept - and in the end, a useable .pdf file?

(or do I just need to go to another website to be able to download it correctly?)

- thanks

I'm not sure if it is available for MacOS but have you tried something like IZARC?

If that doesn't work (it used to be a great free file compression/decompression utility...maybe not free now), PM me and I'll find a way to temporarily put the manual in a native .pdf format where you can download it.

Also, just to be sure, are you ever asked for a password? You have to enter AnalogRules.com if you get that prompt.

Let me know.

It's an alternative method of zipping files. Google "opening .rar files" and you'll find something in freeware land that'll open it. winrar is one that springs to mind. Then again, you're on an Apple aren't you? So try Safari'ing "opening .rar files apple" and you'll probably find a link to something that'll do it for you.

:)

Geoff

.rar is nothing more then a file compressor. You can download a decompress software ( use winRAR) You can give something like that a try for your OS.

Back