problem with HS2002

cat

I can't get HS02 to work on my PC. Everytime I start the program up try to work on a project, it freezes and reads "Program not responding". This seems odd because I have played with the Sonar demo, CEP2 demo, and Reason2 on this PC. Anyone else experience this?

PC specs are:
AMD Athlon XP 1600
40 GB HD
128 MB DDR
Win XP Home OS
M-Audio Audiophile USB interface (program does not recognize drivers)

Hi Cat,

The only system-related problems I have encountered with HS2002 was crashing due to a crappy video card that only had 4MB Video RAM.

I have since upgraded to something a little more modern and I have had no system-related problems since. ;)

I'm not sure why the program isn't responding. The obvious course of action is to uninstall HS2002 and perform a completely fresh re-installation to see if that works.

Your system looks OK. How much video RAM does your video card have?

I don't know why your audio card drivers aren't being recognised. Someone else more familiar with that card will have to respond.

--
BluesMeister

Like Blues, I couldn't tell you about the driver problem, however, you should REALLY think about dropping another a stick of RAM in there. That should make a huge difference......

Rich,

My current system is a humble Celeron 466 with 128MB RAM, but so far I have only been using it for composing MIDI tracks and occasionally for recording no more than two audio tracks of guitar.

I was having problems with HS2002 & Edirol VSC DXi. My 'puter would crash when I inserted VSC into an audio track - but I solved that when I lobbed in my new video card. :)

But your point regarding extra RAM is well made.

--
BluesMeister

I've reloaded Sonar Demo and it isn't responding either. So, I guess I'll uninstall all progs and start fresh.

Back