Problem with AlesisMultimix16 Firewire Mixer not appearing

thenymph

Hi everyone

I've just joined and I have a question.

My Alesis mixer was working perfectly until I disconnected it for a few hours.

When I reconnected it, it wouldn't work. Doesn't appear on the desktop anymore.

I've downloaded updated drivers, tried it with the old ones, on a friend's computer and it is still invisible.

What can I do ? Can anyone help me please ?

Thanks
thenymph

Hi everyone

I've just joined and I have a question.

When I reconnected it, it wouldn't work. Doesn't appear on the desktop anymore.

I've downloaded updated drivers, tried it with the old ones, on a friend's computer and it is still invisible.

What can I do ? Can anyone help me please ?

Thanks
thenymph

Did you just disconnect the firewire cable, or did you have it completely unpowered?

When you disconnected, was the computer still powered up? Even though we all do it, they always seem to warn that "hot plugging" can damage the FW interface in the computer.

As well as the device drivers (which you've already experimented with) it might be worth stopping and restarting the FW port on your computer. Beyond that, if you can beg/borrow/steal some other firewire device from somebody, it might be worth seeing if there's a fault on the FW port itself.

When I reconnected it, it wouldn't work.

.. on a friend's computer and it is still invisible.

thenymph

So.. define wouldn't work. Does the mixer power on and function properly other than the firewire?

Didn't work on friends computer,,. Did you or your friend have another firewire audio device that does work on either your or your friends computer? Have you tried a different firewire cable? Did you pet your computer and tell it how much you love it?

Back