Problem using Korg R3 with Cubase

MatL

Hi,

I am having trouble connecting my new Korg R3 to Cubase SX3.

I have an E-MU0404 USB interface, this interface then connects to my laptop.

In the past I have connected a MIDI controller keyboard to the interface with a MIDI cable and then used VST instruments in Cubase.

Today, I have connected the Korg R3 and cannot get it to function properly. I have tried:

- 1 MIDI cable between the Korg R3 and E-MU interface (tried switching between input and output on both, plus every combination).

- Connecting the Korg R3 directly to the laptop with a USB cable.

- Connecting the Korg R3 to the interface with 2 standard jack audio cables (this gives sound, but it is crackled and distorted - the volume controls on the audio interface are turned down enough not to produce this yet still I get this distortion).

I am able to get the Korg R3 to send and record a MIDI signal to Cubase, so that this signal can then be used to play VSTs etc. But I cannot get the MIDI signal to play sounds from the Korg R3. Therefore making the Korg R3 unable to be recorded.

Are you able to suggest anything else I could try please?

Thanks, Mathew

MIDI sorted - audio not.

I have the MIDI problem sorted now, but there is still a problem with the audio inputs.

When I plug the Korg R3 into the E-mu 0404 inputs and play a note, the note is very distorted and crackly.

I have tried all inputs of the Korg with headphones and speakers, the sound is fine.

I have tried plugging a guitar into the E-mu, the sound is fine.

The input leads I am using are also fine.

The problem seems to be that the Korg and E-mu just don't like each other. Has anyone got any suggestions please?

I've tried changing the buffer size as suggested elsewhere online but this doesn't help either.

Thanks very much.

korg R3 - cubase artist 7

Hi,

I am having trouble connecting my new Korg R3 to Cubase SX3.

I have an E-MU0404 USB interface, this interface then connects to my laptop.

In the past I have connected a MIDI controller keyboard to the interface with a MIDI cable and then used VST instruments in Cubase.

Today, I have connected the Korg R3 and cannot get it to function properly. I have tried:

- 1 MIDI cable between the Korg R3 and E-MU interface (tried switching between input and output on both, plus every combination).

- Connecting the Korg R3 directly to the laptop with a USB cable.

- Connecting the Korg R3 to the interface with 2 standard jack audio cables (this gives sound, but it is crackled and distorted - the volume controls on the audio interface are turned down enough not to produce this yet still I get this distortion).

I am able to get the Korg R3 to send and record a MIDI signal to Cubase, so that this signal can then be used to play VSTs etc. But I cannot get the MIDI signal to play sounds from the Korg R3. Therefore making the Korg R3 unable to be recorded.

Are you able to suggest anything else I could try please?

Thanks, Mathew

Hello Mat,

I have the same problem as you had.
I can register sounds from the korg R3 when I play with the korg R3.
But I cannot play the sounds from the Korg R3 when i write notes in the piano roll of cubase.

How did you do to do it?

Thanks

Back