problem stretching audio in Cakewalk PA9

chuchosay

Alright, here's the problem: when I go into the audio view for one of my tracks, i'll use the scissor button to cut the wave file apart. After moving it to where it needs to go, I want to stretch the audio to fill a longer time slot. Sometimes the stretching command works, sometimes it doesn't. Actually, most of the time it doesn't. After I click "OK" to stretch it, the computer will think for a second, then display the new, supposedly stretched audio. But what shows up is only a millisecond of the original audio and a large purple highlighted section of where the old audio was. So all I have left is a little blip from the original audio! Any ideas???

I'm in Cakewalk looking at one of my tracks in the Audio View. I have cut a potion of the audio into its own seperate piece. I highlight that piece. Then I right-click, select audio effects, Cakewalk, Time/Pitch Stretch, and then set the time to (oh, say) 105%. I hit OK. The new piece of audio, which should be longer, is now only the first .0001 seconds of what it used to be. It goofs up and deletes the majority of what I had, leaving me with only a small blip of sound.

stretch, stretch, stretch

It seems that cakewalk in this department has a lot to improve.
I too have had many problems stretching audio.

My solution to this problem was to get Sonic Foundry's Sound Forge and do all my editing there (time stretch and pitch control are the best ! )

These two programs communicate very well with each other and works wonderfully.

I realize this is an extra expense but it is well worth it

streeeeeeeetch !!!

stretch anyway

chuchosay,
why don't you try selecting the audio you want to stretch (or shrink for that matter) and then go to the drop-down menu 'Edit' - 'Length'. Make sure 'stretch audio' is selected and fill in your 105%. Works everytime and is of course completely undoable. Hope that works.

Back