Problem installing software

lucky13

First of all, some background info on my system. This is a different computer and system than the P.C. based system running Acid that I posted another question about in this forum. For this system I'm running a Mac mini 1.42 GHz G4 w/ 1 GB of RAM. On this computer I have Pro Tools LE using an Mbox2 as my interface. I also have Reason loaded on this computer as well.

I recently bought BFD to put on here as well, but I can't get it to install on my computer. At first I treid to install it on the system drive. The program consists of 2 DVD's, and I made it through the first DVD but on the second one it said "installation failed please try again." Then I realized that I had BFD Lite software that came free when I bought Pro Tools. So I wiped that and what was on there from the attempted install from my harddrive and tried again. This time I noticed that it suggested installing it on a hard drive other than my system drive. I thought that was odd but I went with it. I selected my external Glyph 80 GB hard drive as the destination for the install. I got through the data install, but when trying to do the plug-in install on the first DVD it wouldn't let me select the Glyph as a destination, I could only go to my system drive. I knew I was going to have troubles because of splitting them up, but I tried anyway. The plug-ins from the first DVD installed fine on my system drive, so I put in DVD number 2. No go. I got the same error as I did earlier. So now I wiped everything related to BFD from both of my hard drives, and restarted my computer. I tried to install it again, this time on the system drive, but it came up with the same error again, this time only a minute into the install.

Any ideas on what the problem may be? Any suggestions on a solution? Would partitioning my system drive help? Can I even do that with all of the other applications already running? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Well now I got it installed, but it won't run. :mad:
When I try to open it up, it says that there is no specified application to open this. It also sometimes says the folder cannot be found.

Help, please.

Back