Problem Installing Plugins (I've Tried Everything!)

Tekker

I am using Samplitude Producer 6.05 in Windows XP (with the windows updates) and I am having problems getting a couple Voxengo VST plugins to install into Samplitude. I just upgraded my system from windows 2000 and I had all of these plugins installed before and they worked perfectly.

I have a dual boot setup on my PC with XP on one hard drive and 98SE on another. When I first installed 2000, the OS was installed onto drive E and I used drive C for all of my applications. Now that I have XP, it installed XP onto the same hard drive but it renamed it it to drive C and it also changed my old C drive to drive D. So when I installed the plugins I made sure to load everything into the new C drive with the same folder names that they had before so that they would still be setup on all of my previous projects that I had used these plugins in.

Then I installed the plugins, used the VST adaptor to install the plugins into Samplitude, and registered the full versions of the Voxengo plugins. But when I tried to use them in Samplitude, I got the following error messages:

"An object was requested that is not registered" and "Error instancing the new filter"

Then I uninstalled them and deleted the plugins from the registry using a program called DX-Uninstaller (because they were still in Samplitude after I uninstalled them and deleted all the files). One of the ideas I had to fix this was to remove all of the Voxengo files from the D drive (the old C drive that I had previously loaded all my applications on in Windows 2000), so that there wouldn't be duplicates of the same files on two different drives. After doing this and reinstalling the plugins again, they now appear in the VST adaptor, but they don't appear in the Samplitude plugins list. I've tried repeating the un-install/re-installation process several times, but with no luck! I've also tried searching for the plugin's dll files and there are no other copies of these dll files that could be causing a conflict.

I tried posting on the Voxengo support forum and after a few replies he said that he didn't know how to fix my problem and he thought it might be a Samplitude issue. I posted on the Samp forum, but it hasn't been figured out yet and I also emailed the Samp tech support and haven't heard back from them yet... So I thought I'd try posting it here also to get as much help as possible, because I really need these plugins ASAP for my current recording project.

If anyone can help figure this out, I'd really appriciate it! :)

Thanks,
-tkr

Back