Problem getting SCSI devices working on the Triton Rack

anppilot1

I have a triton rack with scsi card and the imomega 250 mb zip drive. it works great. however, i bought some stuff to add a hd. the hd isnt working. the hd is a 4.2 gb western digital. the triton isnt reconizing the hd.

i bought a external case, 4.2 gb scsi drive. i put the drive in the case and pluged the internat hd ribbon to the hd. and i have a centronics terminator.

the external connector on the outside the ext case is a centronics 50 pin. so i have a centronics 50 pin cable to 25 pin on the zip drive. the guy at the store told me this should work fine.

i didnt partition the hd yet....is this the problem? i dont have a way to partion it on the a computer. the manual says the triton can format it, but nothing about creating a partition.

do i have to take the drive to a shop to have then create a partition and format it?

or

is there a problem with the hd because its a 4.2 gb and the manual says that the triton can only format up to 4 gb?

someone please help

SCSI devices all have a SCSI ID. You can usually set it with dip switches on the drive. Then you tell the keyboard in some menu what ID to look for.

Back