Problem getting going with Cubase 5LE

56banjo

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help.... I've loaded in Cubase 5LE, managed to make an audio recording (via my Tascam US-144MkII, but cannot get it to play back over my computer's speakers, it only plays back through the Tascam. It's not an issue with my speakers as it plays perfectly well through another recording program. It seems to be to do with how I've set up the connections, though I've followed the installation instructions to the letter.
In addition, whilst trying anything and everything, I've accidentally closed part of the display in the left hand column (to do with stereo in and out, and sends I think. I don't know how to re-display this.
Any help would be much appreciated, the simpler the better...... thanks

You need to change your ASIO device in Cubase. Devices>Device Setup>VST Audio System>from the dropdown menu, select your internal card (like ASIO DirectX Duplex Driver). While you are on that screen, check the Release Driver box.

You need to change your ASIO device in Cubase. Devices>Device Setup>VST Audio System>from the dropdown menu, select your internal card (like ASIO DirectX Duplex Driver). While you are on that screen, check the Release Driver box.
Thanks jimmy, I can see why they say you're the man! Of course that worked! However, as I am recording through the Tascam, I'm needing to change the settings each time between recording and listening to playback.... is this normal for cubase? My other programme (audition) allows both...record in through the Tascam and palyback immediately through the laptop internal speakers?
Thanks.:)

Yeah, Cubase only allows one driver at a time. I have heard that you can get ASIO4All to run multiples tho. Not sure that is the best bet, but might be worth a try. :)

I am curious tho, why you don't just connect some speakers to your interface? Then everything comes through the same speakers. That is the way to go. :D

Thanks again Jimmy. Yeah, speakers are on my shopping list! As I'm pretty new to all this, I just thought it meant I had something fundamentally wrong with my settings.... now I know that's normal, I will stop trying to fix it! ;)

Back