Pro treatment

Jack Real

Hi

I just received one of my song that was mixed and mastered by professionals and I'm very happy with the results. I think those guys were very professional and made a good product at a reasonnable price. I've put the song on my site; both the professional mix and my rough mix so you can compare. The song is called "Demeure".

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=662429

Let me know what you think.

Note: I posted that song few months ago when I made the rough mix.

Thanks,

Jack Real.

Sounds really good Jack....very crisp.

It's a good song, and they did well in the production for you.

Easy to hear the difference. More people should hear this, its a good learning tool of what to expect. People (myself included) dont always know what to expect: its like getting your car detailed. :cool:

Hi Dogman, raven46 and DavidK

Thanks for listening. I agree with DavidK, it's a good experience. When I sent my 8 tracks for mixing (the drum was one of them), the mix engineer asked me to send the drum in separate files so it end up in 7 different tracks. You can hear the difference in the drum in the 2 mix. Also, he asked me to remove all the added effects on the vocals and synth to be able to mix from the dry signals. I have learned a lot from that experience.

/Jack Real.

Very impressed with the pro mix. Good balance and clarity. And they made the canned drums sound much better.

Hi Jack,

The rough mix had the vocals a bit back and my ears were stretching to hear them. Now they are out there to enjoy.

Although the piano was brought forward more in the Pro mix and definitely has a better ring to it, I would think the piano and the guitar would have switched places dominance wise. It just seems to be the feel of the song.

The bass is smoother.

The drums sound better too.

The singer has a nice sexy voice.

Yah, the pro mix and master does sound smoother.

True :)

Excellent chance to hear an A - B. the pro mix is pretty conventional nut that's also a good banchmark to have.
Good work on your part too.
I learnt the lesson about dry signals after working with collaborators online & by post.

The pro mix was a good choice. The clarity on the vocals is immediately noticeable. The different parts all seem to sit nicely in the mix, clean and clear. The rough mix seemed more "crowded", whereas the pro mix has separation. Cool tune too....

:) :D :) :D

Back