Pro tools sucks right now.

Wazn

Ok i have 7.3 cs5 and there are all these errors STILL with cpu overload and all that good stuff... Doest anyone know if this is fixed or reduced in 7.4?

Also. I noticed when I'm recording with my Mbox 2 there is noticeable latency even when the buffer is set to 128ms... I have found a way around it when i MUTE the track I am recording to, therefor i hear the analog signal and not the digital signal coming through Pro Tools... Any fix for this?

Ok i have 7.3 cs5 and there are all these errors STILL with cpu overload and all that good stuff... Doest anyone know if this is fixed or reduced in 7.4?

Also. I noticed when I'm recording with my Mbox 2 there is noticeable latency even when the buffer is set to 128ms... I have found a way around it when i MUTE the track I am recording to, therefor i hear the analog signal and not the digital signal coming through Pro Tools... Any fix for this?

Not sure about your errors, but as far as the latency goes, there is a knob on the front of your Mbox labeled mix. This knob controls the latency, turn it counter clockwise until the latency goes down. The shitty thing about it is when you do that you also lose signal to the monitors, so it's harder to hear.

Ok i have 7.3 cs5 and there are all these errors STILL with cpu overload and all that good stuff...

This is not a problem with PT but rather a problem with your computer - what i mean is it's not a bug in the coding!

What's your computer set up?

Not sure about your errors, but as far as the latency goes, there is a knob on the front of your Mbox labeled mix. This knob controls the latency, turn it counter clockwise until the latency goes down. The shitty thing about it is when you do that you also lose signal to the monitors, so it's harder to hear.

Um...sorta. It sounds kinda like that but here's what's really going on.

Mix controls how much Pro Tools you hear versus how much of your analog input signal you hear. The input has no latency so- it a direct monitor.

So mute the track in pro tools (so you don't hear the latency echo) and adjust the mix knob to taste.

-C

sweet thats what i have been doing with the mix.
I have a Macbook Pro 2.4ghz version. more then enough for those errors. So im not quite sure with whats going on so far.

CPU overload or buffer over/under runs?

What OS do you have on the MBP?

I have a MBP 2.0 Core Duo 15" and it runs sweet with pro tools- both as a mac and as a PC. Mac is 10.4.9 I think, maybe 10.4.8.... I use it as a PC most of the time.

-C

Back