Pro tools session to Cool Pro 2 ??

ozrock

Hi,

I have some multi tracks records on Pro Tools with their session files but as I don't have PT but CP, is there a way to convert these sessions files to CP or do I have to sift thru the wavs and rebuild each song session?

They engineer didn't name the trax properly except for 1, 2 3 and some are numbered incorrectly so to get the whole session file converted would be great..

Thanks

Rock

:)

I don't know this for sure, but I'm gonna' go with "no." I don't see how it could be possible.

But I mean, how long can it take to just import the wave files and rename them? You could have had it done by now, lol.

No not that ez. 33 songs x 24 tracks numbered in some wierd fashion.. not a matter of getting all track 1 etc. Some are like that but where are the vocals?? track 35 ???

Still also think it's mabye too much to ask for one ses file to be converted to another.

Maybe have to pay and have them listes correctly then at least I'll what trax are what! Still, pain in the A and wallet!

Rock

Depending on what version of Pro-Tools the sessions were recorded with it might be possible to do a session file conversion using "EDL Convert Pro".

http://www.cuibono-soft.com/

It's gonna cost some money for that program tho, and it would be a good idea to make SURE that it'll do the job for you before buying it.

A second method might be to buy an M-Box and use Pro-Tools to do the job yourself.

Another way is to take your files to a studio that has Pro-Tools and get the files saved correctly for cross-program importing.

"excellent post. I love people who know stuff, lol."

I know. Makes such a difference for a change, yeah? LOL

Back